Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Welcome to New York Islanders Net

Welcome to New York Islanders Net! As it says in the "About Me" section, I am a die-hard Islanders fan since the age of 1. I have been raised to worship the Islanders and I do just this. Although I am a college student in Connecticut, I still manage to attend around 38 of the 42 home games a year, and I would not have it any other way. There is nothing better to me than watching my favorite professional sports team play well and send each and every fan home extremely happy. Although MSG-Plus is blacked out in my area of Connecticut, I am very fortunate to be able to have access to the NHL Center Ice Online Package. Center Ice is a great thing to have and it allows me to watch many games that I missed last year because it wasn't available yet. (It also allows me to watch so many out-of-town games which is great because I love the sport of hockey in general! I highly suggest the package for anyone who just plain loves the sport!)

I am a huge fan of hockey discussions. I talk about hockey, especially the Islanders, with anyone that I possibly can from my close friends, to other students at my school, to the usher in our section at Nassau Coliseum, to other bloggers, and so on and so forth. I can spend hours discussing the Islanders and the National Hockey League. That was the point of creating this website. I am an avid HockeyBuzz reader as I stated in my "About Me" section, and I believe that Eklund has really brought together the hockey community in an unbelieveable way. His website is truly the best hockey website on the internet and I believe it is a huge reason for the tremendous comeback the NHL has seen from the horrendous lockout. From starting off small with basic lockout discussions and blogs, to now having such renowned bloggers such as Darren Pang, Brian Engblom, Andy Strickland, and Howard Berger, Eklund's website and his status have truly sky-rocketed in the hockey world and it is well deserved. It is because of this that I decided to begin blogging for myself. I will continue to be an avid reader and writer on HockeyBuzz, however, I wanted to have my own domain to express my ideas, opinions, and thoughts. I feel that all Islanders fans should have access to as many different ideas and opinions as possible, and this is just another option. My biggest goal, in general, is just to enhance the hockey discussions that take place on the internet by providing my own opinion. I also really look forward to seeing the questions and comments that users will leave on each of the blogs so that I may gauge how they feel about my opinions. Please always feel free to leave your opinions and questions, no matter how strong, because they are truly appreciated and will only help enhance our conversations.

Although it has been a tough year for an Islanders fan, I still try to keep an upbeat perspective. I will never bad-mouth or bash the Islanders here because that is the sign of a poor fan. I hope you will refrain from the bashing as well. We the fans, as well as the players, are all in this together, and the true fan will stick by his team through thick and thin. Now that I have introduced myself and have given you all a better idea of what my intentions are with this website, the hockey talk will begin. Tomorrow I will post a blog regarding the two-upcoming games vs. the New York Rangers. Technically, we can still play the spoiler role with two consecutive wins, however, I will discuss all of the specifics in my blog tomorrow. Also you may look forward to a blog discussing what may be the top 10 picks in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft and a blog discussing Kyle Okposo, Blake Comeau, and Sean Bergenheim (how they have played this season and what they need to address in the off-season) coming within the next few days.

Once again, welcome to New York Islanders Net! LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!

No comments: