Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rangers Victory a Sure Thing Tomorrow? You Bet!!


Alright Isles fans, this site has been way too quiet for my taste. It’s time to stir up some action. Tomorrow, you guys have the unfortunate luck to have to play us. I hope you like only having 1 win to date because that’s what you’ll have after tomorrow’s game.

I’m curious, who are you starting in goal; Rolo the “extremely old” or Martin “I wish I were anywhere but here” Biron? Either way, with the Rangers scoring goals in bunches like they are then neither guy has much of a chance.

I am excited that I’ll get a good look at the future of the Isles. Tavares has gotten off to a nice start for an 18 year-old kid. He’d be a legit Calder candidate if it wasn’t for Michael Del Zotto. Have you noticed that DZ has 12 points in 12 games? Maybe he won’t keep that pace up for the whole season but still, that’s an awesome accomplishment for a 19 year-old kid.

It’s also good to see a guy like Matt Moulson get a real shot in the NHL. Moulson had a strong college career but never got a chance with the Kings to show his offensive abilities. On the Island, he is getting a chance to skate with Tavares on the #1 line and he has produced so far.

Truthfully, I do feel kind of bad for the Islanders. I believe the team already has 4 or 5 OT losses? It seems as if you guys are in games but can’t find a way to put those games away. Several times already the opponent has come from behind in the third period and beaten you in OT or in the shootout. Even your 1 win was the result of a shootout goal by Tavares after Carolina came from 2 down in the 3rd.

Take heart Isles fans; I do think that you’re on the right track. It may take a couple more years of adding talent before you sniff the playoffs again but things are getting better. Don’t feel too bad though; the Rangers will represent New York well come playoff time.

Oh by the way, what’s this garbage I’ve read about Gordon getting canned and replaced by Peter Laviolette. Didn’t you guys go down this road once already? Why can a coach that is getting his young charges to play hard and is keeping them competitive? I think that would be a bad move. Hopefully it’s just rumor and you guys will stick with Gordon. I think he’s earned the right to stay behind the bench for the Islanders; although that could be seen as more of a punishment than a reward. Oh well, enjoy the game tomorrow Isles fans, I know I will.

9 comments:

Paul Kreischer said...

Ah now that's a typical Rangers fan lmao. After one year of success against us, an you're Kings of New York. No one will be crying except for the Gaborik-less Rangers tomorrow my friend. lol.

Glen Miller said...

Against the Islanders I'm not even sure we need Gaborik. Good to see he's ok though. Maybe our record against may not be dominant but we have had a much better time in general than the Isles in the last 4 or 5 seasons. 1 year is about to turn into 2, LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

that rangers win didnt work out the way you planned, huh? BOOYAKASHAAAAA

Glen Miller said...

Hey anonymous, you can't come on and talk crap now. Where were you before the game? I'll give Netminder his cause he was on here before the game. You can't be like a fair weather fan. I'll take my medicine, the Isles played a strong game. The Rangers had plenty of chances but kept missing them and the Isles didn't Congrats to the Isles for their first regulation win.

Paul Kreischer said...

That's okay Glen. There are still 5 more games of trash talking left in this season. However.....for now lol.... I just hope it stung a little.

Anonymous said...

What happened? The high scoring Rangers only scored 1 goal against an old goaltender. Tavares had one goal, and the "flash in the pan" Del Zotto had none. Every prediction you made came out wrong. Give us your pick on the World Series so we can all make some money. Without Gaborik the Rangers are a mediocre team and it showed last night. A little worried about the Gabby's fragile body yet?

Anonymous said...

So many lines I could rip on but my favorite is that the Rangers will represent NY well during playoff time, haha, glen your talking about the biggest chokers in sports. one cup in 70 years, give me a break!!!

Glen Miller said...

Hey Anonymous,I never "predicted" Del Zotto for anything in this game; what I said was that Del Zotto was having an impressive (and unexpected)rookie season. He is still averaging 0.8 points-per-game which projects to 66 points in a full schedule. Tavares has 10 in 13 which projects to a 63 point season. Del Zotto was not expected to make that kind of impact whereas Tavares, as the #1 overall pick, was expected to contend. A lot of what I said was embellished to make the post entertaining and controversial. At least I'm not shy about attaching some predictions to my name.

Glen Miller said...

Besides, I think it's unfair to label the Rangers as the "biggest chokers in sports". What about the Maple Leafs or the Buffalo Bills. I could go on but there is no need. The Rangers are closer to being a playoff contender than the Isles; I don't think you can argue that point.