Sunday, June 28, 2009

Draft Recap Coming Tonight

What a weekend to be an Islanders fan, eh? I am in the process of writing up my Draft Recap for the entire draft weekend. It was a very busy weekend, so it is a pretty lengthy blog, to say the least. It should be up by 8:00 on Sunday night.

Although I had the opportunity to cover the Draft Party live from the Coliseum, thanks in large part to several friends I have within the organization, I decided not too. Why? Considering the tremendous amount of media attention placed on this event, I figured I would just go in and enjoy this historic event as a fan, knowing that it would be covered by every media outlet possible. With that being said, I do want to applaud Tony Stabile of IslesNation for his "live blog," as well as the IslesNation Talk Show. Furthermore, Chris Botta and B.D. Gallof are always able to provide a great place for all hockey fans to enjoy, and they continued their excellence last night throughout the entire process.

I do have a video or two from the Draft Party that I took with the new iPhone, and I am hoping to be able to edit and place it within my new blog. They are of moderate quality, but I figure it can't hurt to have them there. I hope you are all still celebrating this great weekend.

-Justin

No comments: