Sunday, June 28, 2009

Video and Pictures from the NYI Draft Party

First, and foremost, the 2009 NHL Entry Draft Recap is posted below. It is part one in a three part series that will analyze all the Islanders selections from this past weekend. Please check it out and let me know how you feel about this past weekend.

As for the draft party, I figured I would share three short video clips I took using my iPhone, as well as some pictures from the New York Islanders Draft Party this past Friday. It was an awesome event, and I applaud all of those who not only attended, but helped to make it a very memorable night. The fact that so many fans showed up to support a draft pick shows that hockey is alive and well here on Long Island, and it was great for everyone to see the support we show for our team.

This first video was taken at the beginning of the draft party, approximately 5:30 PM. As you will see, the building most likely had somewhere between 3,000 and 5,000 people there at this time, and many seats down on the ice were available.


This second video was taken at approximately 6:55 PM, nearly 15 minutes prior to Garth Snow stepping up to the podium at the Bell Centre in Montreal. In this video you can see just how packed out the place was. Although they announced that 10,188 were in the Coliseum, I do not know how that number came to fruition. They did not have a means of counting all the people walking into the building. I sent an e-mail to my friend, who works within the Islanders organization, to see where that number came from. Anyway, here is the video:



Lastly, here is a quick 13 second clip from the seconds leading up to the selection by Garth Snow. The entire crowd was standing and waiting in anticipation. In the background, you can hear the TSN analyst's discussing the Islanders' picks. At this point, everyone in the crows was anticipating Matt Duchene, and everytime Duchene's face came on the jumbotron, he was booed tremendously. Here is the video:


Lastly, here are just some quick photos from the draft party. A few close-ups of the banners, one of Sparky, and several from the party. All pictures can be enlarged by simply clicking on them.











(Sparky was telling fans he even wanted Tavares)









(Close up of the Bryan Trottier banner)












(The jumbotron was dropped down an extra 15-20 feet)










(A quick shot from the seats we chose to sit in)

1 comment:

NYIsles16 said...

I apologize for the lack of clarity in the videos I posted. They were working much better before, and when I uploaded them, they seem to have lost clarity. I will do my best to try and fix the problem.